Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-Using Incense
Dreamsinger

Threads: 18
Re-Using Incense
This may be an off the wall questions, but, here goes...

I discovered a jar of incense in the house that evidently came from my wife's Eastern Orthodox church. I have no idea how or when we acquired this, except to think it came from her mother or grandmother.

Question: Would this be usable in a witch's ceremony, or should I just discard it? How do you purify incense?

Thank you.

Dreamsinger
2014.11.14, 16.55
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WiccaTodd
Witch

Threads: 21
RE: Re-Using Incense
(2014.11.14, 16.55)Dreamsinger Wrote: This may be an off the wall questions, but, here goes...

I discovered a jar of incense in the house that evidently came from my wife's Eastern Orthodox church. I have no idea how or when we acquired this, except to think it came from her mother or grandmother.

Question: Would this be usable in a witch's ceremony, or should I just discard it? How do you purify incense?

Thank you.

Dreamsinger

Greetings Friend,

I am hoping someone with a little more experience will help with this. But, I can offer my opinion.

Don't we re-consecrate jewelry, athames, altars and wands? It seems to me the incense is yet another tool in our cupboards. I say use your existing incense to re-consecrate the old incense! Just like you would do with jewelry - see our Wicca Plus App in the Consecrations section. (Plus, I bet, the Eastern Orthodox incense is a quality product!)

The intent is to acknowledge the significance of our Sacred Air and Fire Elements! Go for it.

Cool
2014.11.17, 20.06
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply