Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
October Update
Stephanie
App Author

Threads: 38
October Update
Hi everyone,

First off, I apologize for my absense and my silence.

The past three months have been hugely tumultuous here. Since July, my father passed away, I've had to deal with a lot of legal and financial issues, suffered some health problems, and had to manage the wind-down of a couple businesses.

I don't mean to sound like I'm giving excuses - it's just there's only so many hours in the day, and the past 3 months have been hard to find time to work on things, between physical and emotional exhaustion.

And unfortunately I don't have a 'team' to fall back on. Wicca Plus is a solo effort. I'm the author, coder, designer, photographer, graphic artist, tech support, and marketer.

It didn't help any that iOS 8 has brought some unexpected bugs / glitches in the way things work. It especially didn't help that nothing seemed broken when I did testing against iOS8 Beta 5 back in August.

Looking ahead on the positive. I'm able to get back onto this now. My dad's estate has been taken care of, my job has been taken care of, and my health seems to be improving.

My focus is back on Wicca Plus and I'm working to get the iOS 8 glitches and compatibility issues resolved ASAP.

Thank you for your support and patience. I'll keep up with the updates and let you know how it's progressing with the bugfixes.

Edited to add (Oct. 15):
I've now submitted a Wicca Plus update to Apple. It's now in their review queue and as soon as they've approved it, I'll post another bulletin.
(This post was last modified: 2014.10.15, 08.16 by Stephanie.)
2014.10.13, 09.55
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dreamsinger

Threads: 16
RE: October Update
(2014.10.13, 09.55)Stephanie Wrote: Hi everyone,

First off, I apologize for my absense and my silence.

The past three months have been hugely tumultuous here. Since July, my father passed away, I've had to deal with a lot of legal and financial issues, suffered some health problems, and had to manage the wind-down of a couple businesses.

I don't mean to sound like I'm giving excuses - it's just there's only so many hours in the day, and the past 3 months have been hard to find time to work on things, between physical and emotional exhaustion.

And unfortunately I don't have a 'team' to fall back on. Wicca Plus is a solo effort. I'm the author, coder, designer, photographer, graphic artist, tech support, and marketer.

It didn't help any that iOS 8 has brought some unexpected bugs / glitches in the way things work. It especially didn't help that nothing seemed broken when I did testing against iOS8 Beta 5 back in August.

Looking ahead on the positive. I'm able to get back onto this now. My dad's estate has been taken care of, my job has been taken care of, and my health seems to be improving.

My focus is back on Wicca Plus and I'm working to get the iOS 8 glitches and compatibility issues resolved ASAP.

Thank you for your support and patience. I'll keep up with the updates and let you know how it's progressing with the bugfixes.

Stephanie,

Having passed through a similar time myself (loss of my father, work issues, health issues), I can readily sympathize with your situation. I am also quite aware of the last minute switcharoo software vendors (Microsoft, IBM, Apple, et al) often play in the the name of making a deadline. We have only to look at the 8.0/8.0.1/8.0.2 debacle to understand this. (Did Apple really think a bug fix patch that killed making calls on a phone was a good thing?? Confused )

From the user view, the discussions here, and based on my past IT experience, WP is a product whose code complexity is expertly hidden beneath a lovingly crafted surface. I urge everyone here to spend an extra minute in your daily rituals to send calming and clarity that the problems may be made evident.

Blessings and peace,

Dreamsinger
2014.10.15, 07.11
Stephanie
App Author

Thanks Dreamsinger! I appreciate the support.

Since Monday I've had my nose to the grindstone and I've found and squashed what seem to be the three biggest showstopper bugs that came with iOS 8.

I've now submitted a Wicca Plus update to Apple, so it's just a matter of waiting for them to get it through the review / approval process.
2014.10.15, 08.14
Stephanie
App Author

One more note to add - I have formally requested that Apple expedite the review of the update to Wicca Plus.

There's no guarantees that will help speed it up, but the 'rumour' is that they let developers do this once or twice. I've never done it before so I have my fingers crossed.
2014.10.15, 12.57
Dreamsinger

Threads: 16
(2014.10.15, 12.57)Stephanie Wrote: One more note to add - I have formally requested that Apple expedite the review of the update to Wicca Plus.

There's no guarantees that will help speed it up, but the 'rumour' is that they let developers do this once or twice. I've never done it before so I have my fingers crossed.

In that case, everyone send some "prioritize this one" energy to Cupertino. Can't hurt.Especially since they are building a new office that looks like a space ship. Anyone wanna bet they announce warp drive at WWDC next year? Big Grin

Dreamsinger
2014.10.15, 15.24
Stephanie
App Author

It worked!

They gave me the expedited review and I just got the email now that Wicca Plus version 3.1 is processing to the app store.

You should be able to see it available for download / update soon.

Big Grin
2014.10.15, 18.24