Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about blood.
Drakeslade
Initiate

Threads: 1
Wink  Question about blood.
Hi. I'm not entirely new to wicca but because of an overly catholic family, I haven't been able to practice much of the craft, now that I'm older and making my own way in life, I will be practicing. I'd like to say that I find the app very informative, like with anything, I don't agree with everything, but we are all our own person right? Overall I love the app and all it has to offer, though! My question is, I notice a lot of times things need to be done with blood, whether it's writing with it or consecrating or whatever else I don't know yet, so can I go somewhere to just have some of my blood drawn and keep it handy? If so, does anyone know where I could possibly go? And lastly, for esque writing it says the blood should be from the left hand, if I get it drawn they would technically be taking it from the arm so is that ok?
Thanks in advance for your answers! Blessed be everyone! ?
2014.08.14, 22.15
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WiccaTodd
Witch

Threads: 21
RE: Question about blood.
(2014.08.14, 22.15)Drakeslade Wrote: Hi. I'm not entirely new to wicca but because of an overly catholic family, I haven't been able to practice much of the craft, now that I'm older and making my own way in life, I will be practicing. I'd like to say that I find the app very informative, like with anything, I don't agree with everything, but we are all our own person right? Overall I love the app and all it has to offer, though! My question is, I notice a lot of times things need to be done with blood, whether it's writing with it or consecrating or whatever else I don't know yet, so can I go somewhere to just have some of my blood drawn and keep it handy? If so, does anyone know where I could possibly go? And lastly, for esque writing it says the blood should be from the left hand, if I get it drawn they would technically be taking it from the arm so is that ok?
Thanks in advance for your answers! Blessed be everyone! ?

Greetings Drakeslade!

Welcome to our growing forum!

I'm glad you like Stephanie's Wicca Plus App. I think it's a great reference tool. But I agree with you, some of the info in it I do not use. I believe we have to be cautious when she refers to the Old Ways. I personally put the use of real blood in ritual as an Old Way. Stephanie also suggests in the App that a substitute can be used for blood. In the Wicca Plus App, egg yolk can be used just as effectively in an Esaue spell. Also, wine, with a tiny bit of blood, can be used. If you cannot get ahold of wine, you can used crushed red berries. Let me cite my reference on the crushed berry idea. Here's a quote from one of my Wicca tomes...

Quote:“...try to find a substitute. To illustrate, many old love spells call for blood as a component. But modern awareness of disease (or squeamishness) might make blood inappropriate. Instead a witch could use red wine. The red juice from crushed raspberries, strawberries, or passion fruit (fruits associated with love) would also work well. In this manner, she can still follow the basic spell while relying on components that are safe and support her ethics.”

Excerpt From: Alexander, Skye. “The Everything Wicca and Witchcraft Book.” Adams Media, 2008.

Yeah, I know this refers to a Love Spell. But, I believe it can be a valid substitute. I'm going to let someone else give their opinion on this. Let's see what our other, more experienced, members have to say as well.

The bottom line is I cannot imagine any medical facility letting you take a "to go cup" of some of your blood. Don't do it. If you have to use some of your blood, for the love of Gods and Goddesses please use just a pin prick and dilute it into some wine - as instructed in the App under the Esaue Spell.

Ya'know - here's a thought. The Methodist Church uses grape juice in their communion ritual. They call it blood. They believe its blood. Therefore it works. It's all a matter of intent and faith!

Again, welcome to our group!
2014.08.15, 09.37
Drakeslade
Initiate

Threads: 1
RE: Question about blood.
Thank you very much! I keep in tune with the spirits around me and with my goddess, but sometimes I feel as though I'm a bother asking questions that should probably be common knowledge, so I thought "find a group" and I think I have! Thank you ever so much for your answer, I will put the knowledge to good use!
2014.08.15, 12.52