Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction and Returning to my Beliefs
Drake
Initiate

Threads: 1
Introduction and Returning to my Beliefs
Merry Meet!
Hello All! I would like to introduce myself. My name is Gary (Drake on the forums) and I began studying Wicca/Shamanism quite 20+ years ago. I studied and completed my year and a day as a Solitary and continued to practice religiously (no pun intended :-P ) for nearly 12 years after that. As will happen sometimes, my work put a crimp in my rituals and ultimately my studies.

I found after a time that a combination of Wiccan practices with Shamanistic views was the best course for me as I couldn't discern which was a better fit. Then one day something slapped me in the head and said "HEY! Why does it have to be one or the other?" and I couldn't come up with a good argument for it. It was then that I realized that it REALLY didn't have to be one or the other but they complimented each other in so many ways.

I am now marriied with two of the most wonderful girls anyone could hope for. Things are settling down and my life is pointing me back to where I need to be.

I would love to hear stories (and share some too!) About your experiences and am an open book for any questions, thoughts or feelings!
2014.08.11, 18.50
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WiccaTodd
Witch

Threads: 21
RE: Introduction and Returning to my Beliefs
Ladies and gentlemen, I am very pleased to have Drake/Gary on these forums. He is a good friend of mine and all 'round great guy. I am very much looking forward to what he can teach us!

(2014.08.11, 18.50)Drake Wrote: Merry Meet!
Hello All! I would like to introduce myself. My name is Gary (Drake on the forums) and I began studying Wicca/Shamanism quite 20+ years ago. I studied and completed my year and a day as a Solitary and continued to practice religiously (no pun intended :-P ) for nearly 12 years after that. As will happen sometimes, my work put a crimp in my rituals and ultimately my studies.

I found after a time that a combination of Wiccan practices with Shamanistic views was the best course for me as I couldn't discern which was a better fit. Then one day something slapped me in the head and said "HEY! Why does it have to be one or the other?" and I couldn't come up with a good argument for it. It was then that I realized that it REALLY didn't have to be one or the other but they complimented each other in so many ways.

I am now marriied with two of the most wonderful girls anyone could hope for. Things are settling down and my life is pointing me back to where I need to be.

I would love to hear stories (and share some too!) About your experiences and am an open book for any questions, thoughts or feelings!
2014.09.03, 16.16
Dreamsinger

Threads: 18
RE: Introduction and Returning to my Beliefs
(2014.08.11, 18.50)Drake Wrote: Merry Meet!

Drake,

Welcome to the group. Like you, I've been at this for 20+ and learn something new each day. I look forward to our conversations.

D
2014.09.04, 19.49