Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Print Button
Dreamsinger

Threads: 16
Print Button
I am sure I will be doing a (facepalm) when I'm told the answer, but here goes...

I've attempted to set Print Button on multiple times. I've tried:

Toggling it on and off
Toggling it on, changing the God/Goddess name and hitting Enter
Turning stuff I don't need on and off (Delete, Sounds, etc.)
Resetting the iPad (Home/Power reboot)
Cleansing the iPad with sage (just kidding, but that might be next Big Grin )

I have an iPad 2 running 7.0.2. I thought it might be just that the journal section doesn't print, but then, it doesn't show in any section.

I can get the Edit and Delete buttons no problem.

Thank you.

Dreamsinger
2014.08.05, 15.25
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stephanie
App Author

Threads: 38
RE: Print Button
Hi Dreamsinger,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

It looks like something in the 3.0 update has borked the print button... if your settings are toggled to show the print button, it should appear anywhere you get an edit button. The only exception is on the iPhone in portrait, where there isn't enough room.

I'm looking into it now and will let you know. It'll probably require me to send an update through the app store.

Edited to add: I found the problem. Stupid mistake when I switched the icon references to use the new methods... all the functionality is there but it's invisible because the icon isn't appearing.

I'll get to work on preparing a new update through the App Store. I'm sorry for the inconvenience it's caused.
(This post was last modified: 2014.08.05, 18.38 by Stephanie.)
2014.08.05, 18.28
Dreamsinger

Threads: 16
(2014.08.05, 18.28)Stephanie Wrote: Hi Dreamsinger,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

It looks like something in the 3.0 update has borked the print button... if your settings are toggled to show the print button, it should appear anywhere you get an edit button. The only exception is on the iPhone in portrait, where there isn't enough room.

I'm looking into it now and will let you know. It'll probably require me to send an update through the app store.

Edited to add: I found the problem. Stupid mistake when I switched the icon references to use the new methods... all the functionality is there but it's invisible because the icon isn't appearing.

I'll get to work on preparing a new update through the App Store. I'm sorry for the inconvenience it's caused.

Stephanie,

No problem, really. I was seriously afraid I would hear I was missing something painfully, obviously simple. Software bugs I can live with, having created more than my share. Big Grin Besides, I was a Beta tester for Microsoft. Trust me... you DON'T wanna know about that! Confused

Thank you and blessings!

Dreamsinger
2014.08.05, 19.02
Stephanie
App Author

Threads: 38
Thank you for the patience and understanding Dreamsinger. Smile

I feel bad, having just introduced that feature in a recent update. And chagrinned, as it goes to show how often (never) I print stuff...

The bug is now squashed in my working codebase. I'm going to do some more testing, to see if I can find any other oopsies, then push it to Apple and with luck it will get through their approval process and be out next week.

Thanks again for letting me know about it!
2014.08.05, 19.09