Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Wicca? What do you expect from this religion?
WiccaTodd
Witch

Threads: 21
Why Wicca? What do you expect from this religion?
Why do we choose Wicca as our religion?

If you are new to Wicca please post your expectations for following this path.

And if you are an experienced witch, share with us the good things you have learned.

Thank you!

[Image: MoonTrees_zpsce949cbb.jpg]
2014.07.02, 09.06
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dreamsinger

Threads: 18
RE: Why Wicca? What do you expect from this religion?
I feel connected to the Earth.
I feel connected to my past.
It centers me in a way nothing else does.
I've learned how to be a healer and really help people.

I expect it will help me stay on a good path and find my way through this life.

Dreamsinger
2014.07.02, 11.39
WiccaTodd
Witch

Threads: 21
From my point of view:

I am officially a member of the Unitarian Universalist Church. This is wonderful. I have been a member for 15 years now. I will continue to attend my local interfaith meetings. But I need more definition and ritual in my communications with the Deity. I want to directly involve myself with God/Goddess.

I want a feeling so powerful that I can say with confidence, yes, this is my God.

I have always considered my God as an internal force. But because I keep things inside myself, I don't get any feedback. I need something in the real world to interact with. Look at it this way, an artist creates an original thought from nothing. He or she is capable of bringing a philosophical concept into reality. If the artist thinks "I believe war is terrible" he or she can create that thought and make it real so that they can see and learn from the results.

This is why I am currently drawn to Wicca. I can reach out and touch my altar. I can draw a pentagram and see its meaning. I'm not just reading books - I'm interacting with them. And this is a religion of nature and seasons. Everywhere is Deity, and we know how to see it.

The bottom line is I need something in my life more powerful than myself. In times of horror with life ( my father's death from cancer, my good friend saying he is an alcoholic, financial nightmares, etc.) I must find something that puts me on my knees. I am 51 years old and the clock is ticking. It's time to get my head on straight, be more forgiving, let go of things I can't control and celebrate this great planet we live on.

So, currently I am a solitary, eclectic witch.
2014.07.02, 11.42
Millennium Man
Initiate

Threads: 2
a good topic,

Smile
(This post was last modified: 2014.09.13, 04.40 by Millennium Man.)
2014.09.12, 08.21