Work has begun on an update to Wicca Plus.
While I would prefer not to pre-announce new features / additions incase unforseen circumstances mean some things have to be dropped or delayed, there are a couple things which will definitely be included in the next release:
- Southern Hemisphere Support – the sabbats section has been rewritten and a new option added to the Settings screen, allowing the app to correctly display the sabbats and lunar phases for everyone in the Southern hemisphere.
- More Accurate Lunar Data – the Full and New Moon times were originally calculated using some math based on the average lunation period. This was only accurate to within plus or minus several hours, as the Moon’s orbit is not quite circular. I’ve now incorporated lunar data from a NASA website, which is accurate to less than 3 minutes from now till the end of the year 2100.
- A New Font – this is purely cosmetic, but the Papyrus font is somewhat stale and old. I’ve found a new font which I rather like; hopefully this won’t draw more complaints than Papyrus did.
- Change The Title – a new option has been added to the Settings screen, enabling users to change the title of the book. I have always called my book Liber Umbrarum et Lux but you can name your book as you see fit. This affects the Main / Contents page, and the Front Cover screen (in the Prefixes section.)
- Minor bug fixes, performance improvements, and as always, corrections to spelling mistakes that slipped through the content editing.
- New entries and some other new features are also in the works.
There’s no ETA for when this update will be out. Originally I had a tentative target date of Imbolc, but we got hit hard just after Yule by an ice storm and that has set things back by a week or more.