Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are everyone's Full Moon plans? - Wicca 101
WiccaTodd
Witch

Threads: 21
What are everyone's Full Moon plans? - Wicca 101
Greetings All,

This will be my first Full Moon as a student. If all goes well, I plan to consecrate my basic altar tools. Or, as I understand it, it would be an excellent night to break out the Tarot cards!

Feel free to post what Magick you do on Full Moons here!
2014.06.13, 12.25
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WiccaTodd
Witch

RE: What are everyone's Full Moon plans? - Wicca 101
Here is a photo of my first altar from last week.
This is a very simple set-up. It was suggested that I keep it fairly portable.

Circle was cast. I felt nervous and distracted (although I had the house to myself.) It felt good after I got it done.

Most of my research for this came from "Wicca For Beginners" by Thea Sabin. Also, advice from our APP author Stephanie! Thanks!

[img][Image: AltarOne_zpsaed3fd84.jpg][/img]

(2014.06.13, 12.25)WiccaTodd Wrote: Greetings All,

This will be my first Full Moon as a student. If all goes well, I plan to consecrate my basic altar tools. Or, as I understand it, it would be an excellent night to break out the Tarot cards!

Feel free to post what Magick you do on Full Moons here!
2014.06.17, 18.50
Violet
App Author

Threads: 38
That looks really good. Is that a window or a door that it's infront of? Depending on the view, that'd be very nice indeed Smile

I confess these days I don't usually do a full Circle / ritual for every sabbat or esbat, unless I have something specific going on. Generally I light some candles and incense, put on some inspirational music and meditate.

The magic I have been doing recently has been focused on healing. My dad is battling cancer and I've been trying to help him with that. Although he's not a believer himself (he's an athiest in fact) he has been supportive of me and my path, and actually asked me if I'd try helping.
2014.06.18, 09.04
WiccaTodd
Witch

Greetings!

Unfortunately that is an interior door. So, no nice view for me. I wanted to have my altar facing north; if I wanted a nice view I would have had to re-arrange my den.

I predict Ritual time will be rare for me - or, I may have to re-arrange my time to do it. It would be great to worship at night when the Goddess is in full view, but this may not be practical. I may have to create my circle and set my altar up in the morning. We shall see.

Healing magic. My thoughts, prayers and magick to both you and your father. It is wonderful that he supports your religion and has asked for help! The ability to spiritually help someone is one of the main reasons I began investigation into Wicca. I want to help, but I have trouble praying in the conventional sense. I want to learn more of this healing magick. I hope he gets better soon!
2014.06.23, 19.06
WiccaTodd
Witch

Full moon tonight ladies and gents.

I wish everyone a pleasant one.

I plan on casting a basic circle and maybe a Tarot reading...to find out what's what! I think Tarot is a groovy way of meditating on life, the universe and everything.

[img][Image: TheMoon_zpsba1b0f8a.jpg][/img]
2014.09.08, 18.14
WiccaTodd
Witch

Question. Should I have my Security Light shut off? It's like a regular streetlight - it's very bright. While I'm learning to do my ceremony, it's not a problem. I cast my circle indoors. But wow. When I walk outside to acknowledge the Goddess it's really ruining a great full moon!

So, security and convenience vs. worship and nature.

Here's a photo from my WiccaPlus BOS! Photo taken 9/8/14 around 10pm Eastern Time.

[img][Image: Moon-Sept-8-2014_zpsee24763e.jpg][/img]
2014.09.09, 14.34
Yore Naime
Witch

Threads: 2
(2014.09.09, 14.34)WiccaTodd Wrote: Question. Should I have my Security Light shut off? It's like a regular streetlight - it's very bright. While I'm learning to do my ceremony, it's not a problem. I cast my circle indoors. But wow. When I walk outside to acknowledge the Goddess it's really ruining a great full moon!

So, security and convenience vs. worship and nature.

Here's a photo from my WiccaPlus BOS! Photo taken 9/8/14 around 10pm Eastern Time.

[img][Image: Moon-Sept-8-2014_zpsee24763e.jpg][/img]

Yes, Turn the light off, they can be very annoying when you are trying to see the moon. For your neighbours too. And get a motion sensor for it, so that you are not shining it all the time, when you are not doing ritual. Light pollution cut us off from the stars. Do your part to minimise it. You can also get lights in a colour that does not annoy as much. Lastovo island, in the middle of the Adriatic Sea, has all the lights in this colour, so that astronomers can come to the least light polluted place in Europe.

You Altar looks great! If I can figure out how, I should post a pic of my own!
2015.10.22, 22.31
Dreamsinger

Threads: 18
I have to agree with the light polution part. We have relatively subtle landscape lighting (no runway lights), and I find I have to turn them off to see the stars. Being just outside Chicago, there is a lot of light polution to my east. The west and north are fairly dark, and the app I have to show me what's where in the sky works really well. on ritual nights, I turn off all the lights I can, and get it as dark as possible.

But in the end, you go with what you need to do.

Dreamsinger
2015.10.24, 08.01
Yore Naime
Witch

[Image: 34iog1w.png]

Here is a picture of my altar set up for everyday use.
The double cubical altar is good for limited space. It is tall enough to be easily reached while standing. Though, back in America, I had a round table and on top, I put a cable spool of the same diameter, covered in vinyl. This made it the right height and gave me a shelf under it. I miss the round altar.
I keep it in the South so it it out of the way, and the window next to it allows me to see the moonlight reflecting off the Adriatic Sea. I sometimes move it to the centre of the room so I can walk around it. As you look at it, you are in the North, looking South.
In the East, I have a slab of amethyst. On it, I have a paper pentacle, and on top of that, I have a 360° protractor with a skull on it that I got at the Krapina Neanderthal Museum. It and the plastic skull are because we are approaching Samhain. Also on the Slab is a highly charged crystal, and an uglier one that came to me in one of my early outdoor rituals 30 years ago. (my tradition does Earth in the East)
In the South, I have a long lighter (my tradition forbids matches in circle) which makes it easier to light candles in deep holders without burning myself. Also I have an Athame.
In the West, I have a chalice. It's freshly polished, but it's silver-plated brass and I have polished much of the silver off. Also I have a small blue bowl. When I am using the consecration that is in the app, I put salt in it and move it to the East side of the altar, on the slab. I return it to the West, After I have dumped the salt in the Water.
In the North I have a chime with a clapper. I used to use a clapperless bell that I would ring with my Athame. But I like the sound of the chime more because if I cam careful it rings for a really long time. Also a have a censor with a stick of incense. (I only use the thurable for special occasions as I have touring the charcoal from America) And my Wand is the in the North. Also there is the Tarot card I am studying today, in two different decks.
In the Center are my Deity statues. The Goddess statue is also a tea candle holder that shines light on the god statue, which is from cycladic period Greece.
I also have a large plant next to my altar and smaller ones are still out on the balcony. (not cold enough to bring them in yet)
2015.10.25, 09.53
Yore Naime
Witch

[Image: dmwwox.png]

Here is my altar set up for the Full Moon.
I've added in the East, a honey cookie for the communication, and a pentagon shaped foil bowl to hold the salt that someone spontaneously made for me.
In the South: a pair of tongs to hold the charcoal in the flame without burning myself.
In the West: the blue bowl has left and been replaced by a chalice for the wine
In the North: The yellow Air wand has been replaced by a special Moon wand that called to me while I was walking in the woods. The censer, is a coffee mug hand-made by a friend that broke in transit to Europe. I glued it back together and filled it with tiny pebbles from the beach. The charcoal is waiting to be burned.
In the Center. I added a black Aphrodite statue. Once the moon is waning, I'll take the mother earth candle holder off.
I set this all up here, for now, But I will move it all to the centre of the Circle when I actually so the ritual and will be standing on the opposite (South) side of the Altar. I also have candle lanterns for each of the four directions.
2015.10.26, 07.47